9.02.2014

The Girls from Corona del Mar

Do you have any friendships you would consider toxic? Do you keep those friendships? Why?

I'm not sure what I think of this one still. A story of two friends from high school to their younger adult lives. I think the reason that I decided I liked the story is because it shows how as friends, we need different things from our friends. What we need from them, isn't what they need from us... does that make sense?   But that is what makes us friends in the end. We get hurt, but the benefits of having good friends far outweigh that pain, and in many ways helps because we can support each other through the hard times. These two friends in the story didn't really get that message.  There was a bit too much selfishness in this friendship - and that doesn't work, but you should learn from mistakes, right? And move on.

Enjoy.

No comments: