12.02.2012

Mennonite in a Little Black Dress AND Does This Church Make Me Look Fat?





















So the full titles of these books are: Mennonite in a Little Black Dress: A Memoir of Going Home  and Does This Church Make Me Look Fat?: A Mennonite Finds Faith, Meets Mr. Right, and Solves Her Lady Problems.  I didn't know what to expect from these. They were recommended after I liked The Book of Mormon Girl.  I found them entertaining reads. I read each one in a few hours.  I read both books as one person's opinions on life. As with BofM girl, I believe each person is entitled to their opinions. I don't have to agree with their opinions, I don't mind reading theirs.  As I read these books, I find that I have conversations with the authors in my mind - and no, I am not bipolar or anything like that. I just think it'd be interesting to have conversations with them. There are so many similarities that we have in our beliefs, and SO many areas where we differ. And I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Again, I'm not looking to change what I think and believe, but I find ti interesting to learn what others think and believe.

It is interesting as well to read about what else, besides her religious insecurities happens to her in her life. Talk about back luck!

Enjoy!

No comments: