9.20.2012

The House of Velvet and Glass



This is another book from KSL's like Downton Abbey list.  I am torn on this one.  I could not get into this book.  It took me sooo long to read.  It took way too long to establish a real story line.  The story alternates between three times (the father's youth/the Titanic/3 years after the Titanic.)  I felt like the Titanic story could have been left out.  There is enough told in the 3 years later chapters that you don't need to read about time actually on the ship.

Once we really got to the storyline, it was interesting and I wished that they had more time to explore that story.  (Don't you hate when that happens?)

So, perhaps this is a better book for someone who just picks up a book once in a while to read.  This isn't a book for sitting down and just reading though.

Enjoy, if you don't have a lot of time for reading.

No comments: