1.30.2012

Ready Player One

Ready Player One


Okay, I wasn't going to do another post right after I just did one, but I was surprised to see this one hasn't been done, considering it was a New York Times Bestseller. 

My brief synopsis: A story about the future where everyone basically lives in an online gaming system called Oasis. When the creator of Oasis died, he left a huge puzzle within the game and whoever figured it out would then own his company. The story follows a young man who finds the first key and has to proceed with tracking down the puzzle, while trying to avoid being killed in the real world. 

This was a fun, quick read for me. It has a ton of 80's game, movie, and tv references, and it was interesting to see the world the author created. It is a little geeky in parts, but I am admittedly, a bit of a geek myself, so maybe that's why I didn't mind. So you can either read it, or wait for the movie they are supposedly going to make. But I'd say read it. 

No comments: