1.30.2012

graveminder

Graveminder


It has been forever since I put something up here, but that doesn't mean I haven't been reading. With weather like we've been having up here in New York, that's pretty much all there is to do. 

My latest read was this one. I was a little hesitant because I read Wicked Lovely, this author's other bestselling book, and hated it. I was worried this would be much the same. And while I can say I didn't hate the book, it wasn't my favorite either. The main female is such a pansy, the main male is a pushover, and half the time I could not figure out what the story was trying to do with itself. It seemed to be ever straddling that line where it could be really really good but couldn't quite commit to it. And I felt like I read the same paragraph again and again:

Male lead, Byron, "You know you love me. I love you too."
Female Lead, Rebekkah, "Uh umm.. I am a self pitying coward so I can't say I do. But come have sex with me instead?"
B: "I want to. I can't. I will. I can't. I will. I can't. Okay. Whatever you say..."
R: "If we do it won't mean anything. But I can't say I love you, even though I do. Or do I? I'm just going to run away now..."

Bleh. Again, I didn't hate it, but if I had to give a recommendation it'd be: don't bother. 

No comments: