4.12.2011

matched.


This book has already been reviewed HERE, so I will just say that although I enjoy the concept of this book, I am not in love with the story and chain of events. In fact, I finished totally frustrated with the main character. I felt the same way about the Hunger Games for almost the same reasons. And this book, as Gina said, is very Hunger Games-ish.
I did, however, love the authors writing style. She makes it easy (and beautiful) to see what the characters are seeing and feeling without going all Hemingway on you. And I hate Hemingway. He is the king of boring me to tears.
Anyway, I liked this one. Didn't love it, but liked it. I guess I gave it four stars on Goodreads, and I'm still not sure why. I will admit that even though I'm not in love, I will probably read the next book when it comes out this fall.
Maybe I should have stewed over this book before posting about it...hmm.

Anyone else read this one? I feel conflicted. And frustrated :)

2 comments:

Gina said...

Yes, I was a bit frustrated when I finished it. I hope the 2nd book does a little more...

Lisa said...

I liked it but yes I'm conflicted. I look forward to seeing how things will play out over the next two books.