5.24.2015

Garlic and Sapphires: The Secret Life of a Critic in Disguise


Warning fellow book clubbers, this is what I'm going to have you read in July.  There have been a number of books I've read lately that I'd love to have us read and discuss, but I worry that they may not be clean enough or include subject matter the whole group would be tolerant of... so as I review them, I'll point out that I'd recommend reading them. In the end, this is the one I'm choosing. A great story, a true story. I enjoyed the author's account, and it has to do with food, so make for easy planning of book club =)

Ruth Reichl, while working as the food critic for the New York Times, had a lot of fun in the position. It would be really tough having everyone watching out for you knowing that your review can make or break a restaurant. It was interesting to read of the different personalities that she adopted with each disguise and how that influenced her experience at a restaurant. I think it would be really fun to do. Maybe it should go on my bucket list of things to do while I'm 40 this year next year?

I enjoyed the read. I hope my book club will as well in a few months.

Enjoy

No comments: