11.13.2013

The Shadow of the Wind






A friend recommended this to me. And it's another one I am glad she recommend. (I think I've liked everything thus far that she recommended.) It was a good book. Shortly into the story I realized it was a translation, and since I like the book, I'm going to try some others of his books, though in his native Spanish next time. Hope my Spanish is still up to par...

It's one of those books where you think you've figured it out, but you haven't. So you change your thoughts as to how it all works out, and the author changes the story on you - wrong again self. It was a book I didn't want to put down (but because of that, I wasn't picking it up all the time because I wanted to get some sleep at night.) I finally found a night to sit and read and read and read and read. And I'm gad I did. It's a 4 out of 5 starts for just because there were a couple things I didn't necessary like about the story (and of course, the author should have written just to please me, right?) Definitely one that I as well recommend.

Enjoy!

No comments: