6.03.2011

water for elephants.





This book has already been reviewed twice so I will not bother with a description or plot summary.
I really loved this story. Since I was a little girl, I've had a strange obsession with elephants. They have always fascinated me. So naturally, I was excited to read this book. I thought the love Jacob felt for Rosie and the relationship that developed was beautiful. I could have done without the couple of graphic scenes, but I had been warned and was able to skip over them without missing anything important. This book made me laugh, and I even got a little teary a couple times. A friend and I saw the movie before we went on vacation, and although I didn't expect to, I loved it. It was mostly in line with the book, but it omitted all of the sexual stuff and I don't recall hearing any cursing at all. Pretty unheard of for a PG-13 movie.

This is absolutely a book I would recommend to anyone, as long as they were able to self-filter and skip the couple naughty parts :)

No comments: