6.04.2011

Life of Pi

Yann Martel - Life of Pi

I read some of the other reviews that have been made here so I'm not going to share another synopsis, but I did want to add my review.

I loved this book. I had no idea what this was about when I started, since it was my book club read, but I have a deep and endless love of all things India, and that was what originally caught me. Then I was caught up in the sheer struggle and strength of this boy as he rode the high seas with a Bengal tiger in tow. Then I was in dire straits at the end when I thought that it might not have been true.

But as I finished the book I was left with an odd sense of satisfaction. The book is about having faith. As you read the book you see how Pi struggles to find the best way to show his faith in God. He ends by saying that life is about faith. About deciding if this current world view of atheism and agnosticism is the the story you really want your life to be about. It's about realizing that there is a better story out there, but it takes a little faith to keep it.

I loved it. I recommend it.

1 comment:

stephani said...

this one has been on my to-read list for some time now! glad to hear another positive review about it!