11.12.2010

The Death and Life of Charlie St Cloud


I loved this book. I didn't know anything about the story before I read it, and I don't want to say anything really about it so I don't ruin it for you. It's a good surprise. Now I need to see the movie, though I'm not sure how Zac Efron can play a 28 year old, so they must have changed that. But I can definitely see him play the character.

I didn't realize someone else had posted on this until I went to label the blog and it autofilled in the name. I agree with Stephani's comment re: one little too much detail sex scene - she uses the word sexualesque. In fact I totally would have recommended this story for a younger audience until I read that scene. I was sure this story was for a younger audience with how clean the language is - they even use "friggin'" - haha. Just know, when they go upstairs... you can skip to the end of the chapter. Aka: just assume that, as well stated in Mamma Mia, "they go upstairs and dot, dot, dot."

An original storyline, a not perfectly Hollywood ending (I hope the movie stuck to the book ending because I dislike Hollywood, they all lived happily ever after endings,) and a very quick read (just took two trips to work and back on the express bus from American Fork to SLC.)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

stephani said...

if im being honest..the movie was a disappointment compared to the book. still a cute movie, but nowhere near as good as the book. and i liked the books ending better. and the movie does seem to skip out on a bunch of details, but what movie doesnt? soo glad you loved this one too! :)