8.17.2010

Jane Bites Back


This is so not my style of book. Vampires and Jane Austen? Um, no. It seems almost an insult to the legacy of her books.

The concept is that Jane Austen was turned into a vampire and is still alive this day, not receiving any of the royalties from the many many books branched off of her name, and unable to find someone to publish another book she has written.

I guess it could be entertaining for some, but it just wasn't my forte. Plus the author made her seem really obnoxious and selfish and just all around pretty unlikeable. So I think I'm leaning more towards the hate than just an unlike.

1 comment:

ariel said...

i tried reading pride & prejudice and zombies and i felt the same way about it. my feeling is... don't mess with the perfection that is jane austen!