6.25.2010

Canticle


The first novel from this series, Lamentation, was another of those great Reader's Choice options. The cover? Terrible. Totally drives the eye away. The book itself? Outstanding. I breezed through that bad boy and enjoyed every minute of it. A wonderfully written novel (the first full one for the author) about the fall of a great city through treachery and the ripple of change it causes. Absolutely loved it.

As soon as I could I placed this one on hold, and when it finally came through I couldn't wait to dive right into it. And it didn't disappoint! Full of intrigue, violence, love, betrayal, loyalty, it weaves a web with such hidden depths that I did not want to put it down. This book left me eager for the next and the next. I'm counting down the days until the next in this series of five comes out.

No comments: