3.02.2010

The Mortal Instruments Trilogy

*City of Bones * City of Ashes * City of Glass*



i just finished this trilogy and i have to say i was pleasantly surprised. i thought for sure i was in for a Twilight knock off, however even thought there are Vampires in the storyline they are not THE storyline. The books focus on an "ordinary girl" who finds she is not so ordinary after all. As her eyes are "opened" she discovers the world is NOTHING like she thought it once was. she finds her self in a world of shadowhunters, downworlders and demons. The question is Why can she all of a sudden SEE all this???
This series kept me turning the pages into the early morning hours. :) now i can have my life back, until i start the next book anyway.

2 comments:

Caprene said...

Yeah - someone else blogged!

And I'm also excited to try these - just in time for a vacation when I'll have lots of time to read. Thanks for the new suggestions.

Marianne said...

Hmmm, sounds a little bit like the Matrix too. I have never heard of these, maybe I'll give them a try.