8.02.2008

the wizard heir.

Ok... let's see if any of this sounds familiar... A young, orphaned wizard thinks that he is a misfit. The only one with magical powers. He gets sent to a school where he can learn how to control and use his magic and finds others like himself. He is by far the most powerful wizard in the school. {hmmmm... Harry Potter? Hogwarts?} Anyway... that's really the extent of the Harry Potter-ness. I kind of wished it was more like Harry Potter. Then maybe I would have enjoyed it more. The plot was all over the place. It was predictable and waaaay anticlimatic. And halfway into the book I realized that I was reading the 2nd book in a trilogy {hehe... woops!}. Also, I think I'm with Gina. I have a hard time making it through a book if there's no romance! The author sort of threw a romantic plot line in, but it was just flat. I think I would have enjoyed this book more if I was a 13-year-old boy. 2 out of 5 stars. I give it 2 stars because it started out well. And then I got bored and stayed bored for the last 400 pages. I won't be reading the rest of the trilogy.

No comments: