5.24.2015

The Calorie Myth: How to Eat More, Exercise Less, Lose Weight, and Live Better

An unusual choice for April book club. But I enjoyed this book.  I'm not a dieter. Never have been.  Just stuck to a healthy lifestyle.  This book did have some good suggestions though. As I've had way more health struggles that I'd like this last year, mostly stemming from celiac disease, but also from just not knowing how to get enough to eat, of what I can eat, of what can give me the energy I need, this book contained a lot of great suggestions I've already started to adopt. While I'm not willing to give up my running (the book contains a 20 minutes routine you should do once, at the most twice a week) - the food recommendations are worth the read.

There is a lot of science in the book. A lot of explaining why the author makes the recommendations he does. I recommend reading it all so that you can figure out what would work best for your body (since no diet is meant for every person.)

Enjoy

No comments: