7.03.2014

I Was Told There'd Be Cake


I listened to this one.  The author was the reader so I thought that would add humor to it. I don't think I laughed out loud at anything. There was one chapter that I just skipped because it went a little too far for my taste.  It was entertaining, and I could relate to a number of her thoughts and experiences. I didn't find any of it super entertaining though. I listen to the books on CD on my commute to and from work. Sometimes when I arrive somewhere listening to a book, I want to stay in the car to at least finish the track. That didn't happen with this book though. I kind of wonder if it would have more fun to read and think of the stories with my own voice in my own way. 

I've read more entertaining books of essays by other authors. 


No comments: