4.22.2014

The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion


I loved this book because it made me think. I really hadn't thought about how WWII influenced our nation. I know that many women went to work at that time to help support our nation while many men were serving in the military.  For 4 years, women were working in the plants, they were bringing home the bacon (it sort of made me wonder where the kids were, but maybe it was mostly the unmarried or married, non-mothers?)  And then the men came back, and all the sudden the women were back at home. They'd done so much, they'd been depended on - they had a taste of something new... and then it was taken away. No wonder a movement wasn't too far behind. 

Anyway, this is a cute story, I actually got a bit choked up at the end. Enjoy learning a bit about our history.

Enjoy!

No comments: