9.23.2011

American Rose: A Nation Laid Bare: The Life and Times of Gypsy Rose Lee


I had a hard time with this book. I listened to this one. It took a long time to get through. I think listening to a book, things stand out that don't necessary stand out when reading. I wanted to learn a little bit about Gypsy Rose. I enjoy the musical Gypsy. I thought it would be interesting reading about the girl who wouldn't take her clothes off.

I now know more than I needed to. I don't think I like what I now know. I think I'll have to watch Gypsy to get that image of the sweet girl who won't take it off (even though I know the story isn't true, I like it better than the truth.)

I didn't hate the book, there's that word, the one I don't really like, hate - but the problem is I didn't like the book either. So it's the rating it is going to have to get.

If you enjoy this one, more power to you.

No comments: