7.30.2010

The Tale of Halcyon Crane


I'm borderline like and love on this book. On the one hand, I loved the story, the ghosts, the little thrills I got when reading this at 2:00 a.m. during a bout of anxiety ridden insomnia. But on the other hand, I felt like the author is a little amateurish, which may or may not be because this is her first novel after a career in journalism; two very different styles of writing if you ask me. I think that I am going to say I loved it, since I would recommend this to someone looking for a good, charming, and slightly spooky, read.

Description:

When a mysterious letter lands in Hallie James's mailbox, her life is upended. Hallie was raised by her loving father, having been told her mother died in a fire decades earlier, but the letter says otherwise. Now she travels alone to a remote island to uncover a past she never knew was hers in this modern ghost story.

No comments: