6.21.2010

A Single Eye


The picture of the person bungee jumping is what caught my eye on this one. I read it was about a girl who is afraid of woods and goes to the Redwoods for a Zen Buddhism sesshin, but is soon drawn into the mystery of a missing student from six years past. My interest was piqued. Disappointedly, the book didn't deliver to my hopes.

It was a sloppy, slow, plodding story line, with small glimmers of what could have been engaging, but fell just short. I felt as if I was reading the same paragraph again and again, with maybe a short intercession of something new. Not to say that learning about the practice and culture of Zen Buddhism wasn't interesting. I was very interested in those portions of the book, but it wasn't worth reading the dragging story line.

No comments: