2.11.2010

The Piano Teacher


I actually finished this book a few hours ago, but without Internet at home, I haven't been able to blog about any of them. I received this book as a Christmas gift. I was a little cautious as it said it was "This year's Atonement." I haven't read Atonement, but I hear it is pretty steamy. This book, it is not steamy. Wanna to know how it is described when two people hook up? "They loved." Yup, that's it. I'm pretty sure I will always remember that. There is a little more detail than that in other places, but I never had to skip a word.

I didn't know what happened in Hong Kong during World War II, I don't think I ever thought about it before, but now I have an idea. Though historical fiction, I felt I learned a lot about the history of Hong Kong. Click here for the book review. As The Work and the Glory books teach through fictional characters about the history of the Mormon Church, this book, through it's fictional tale, teaches of Hong Kong's WWII experience. I had never thought about it before, but I'm glad I know now, and would like to learn more. I found the book easy to read, and the writing makes it hard to put the story down.

5 comments:

ariel said...

hehe! "they loved." i like that :)

i'm very interested now. i've seen it and considered it a few times at the book garden. i think i'll have to give it a try now.

Caprene said...

You can borrow my copy if you like.

ariel said...

after i finish the poisonwood bible, i'm going to have to borrow this, caprene.

Caprene said...

I'll run it over this week before I leave. I'll be gone off and on for three weeks for work (lots of hotel reading time... more posts coming).

ariel said...

thanks!!