1.21.2010

Pirate Latitudes


Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum...

I'll just start by saying, this book would probably be better enjoyed by your husband or boyfriend or dad or brother. It's a guy book, lots of pirate plotting, pirate hi-jinx, explosives, sea monsters, deception, treasure. I, of course, read the whole book (remember I'm the girl who was born on Mars, not Venus with the rest of my sex).

To me it was obvious that this was the lost manuscript discovered after Michael Crichton's passing . I liked the story, but I don't think it was done, finished, completed. It was maybe a 3rd or 4th revision, still needing a couple more revisions, still needing a little more trimming here and there, expanding there and here.

I read the book one day while on vacation and sick in bed (pretty pathetic, yes), so I call this a good road trip or vacation book. Not too heavy, you don't get too vested, easily left and picked back up. Just right for sitting on the beach, or relaxing by the fire.

Didn't love it, but I liked it.

No comments: