5.31.2015

The Terrible and Wonderful Reasons Why I Run Long Distances

This book reminded me a bit of Can't We Talk About Something More Pleasant.  A comic book/comedic approach to talking about something that some make think is tough. I got this for a friend who was going to run a race with me last month. Hoping to give her some funny encouragement. It was funny. Any runner would related to something in the book. I'll be honest, I've been a fortunate runner. No lost toenails. No restroom issues on the course (unless you count drinking too much waiting for a race to start, and then waiting in a too long of porta potty because I'm not a fan of peeing in the bushes...) I haven't had the usual injuries runners get. There is a lot of humor for runners who are looking for a fun read.

Enjoy.

No comments: